your works are wonderful,
|Picture by: AOH Photography|
Here are some surprising facts about SMA that I was not aware of and that I think every parent should be informed of:
SMA is the #1 genetic killer of young children.
SMA affects 1 in 6,000 births.
1 in 35 people, or nearly 8 million Americans, unknowingly carry the gene mutation responsible for SMA.
Nella’s family took her home and decided to make a place of comfort and love for their sweet little girl for whatever time they have left with her. They have turned their living space into her nursery and they have made each and every moment count for their precious family. They celebrate the small moments, the big moments, and the every day moments. They celebrate LIFE and God’s LOVE. Oh, how I wish we could all have that attitude every single day of our lives.
|Photo by: AOH Photography|
|Celebrating Nella's 6 month birthday!|
|One of Nella's favorite past times is swimming in the bath! She can move her arms and legs a little when in there! Love that she is still sporting her bow while in the tub. What a lady!|
- Get informed. Read up on SMA HERE.
- Did you know you can be tested for the gene to see if you are a carrier? Ask your doctor about carrier testing! If you and your partner are both carriers of the SMA gene every single pregnancy has a 25% chance of producing a child with SMA. I think it is a big decision to decide if you are going to get tested for the gene because you need to know what you will do with the results if you or your spouse (or both) are carriers. Will that impact your decision to have children?
- Know the warning signs. Know the symptoms. Know what to look for.
- RAISE AWARENESS. Share sweet Nella’s story. Let others know about SMA and what they can do. The more awareness that is raised the more attention this disease will get. The more attention the disease gets then the more funds that will come in and the more funds that will come in will hopefully result in more research, which will hopefully result in a CURE!
- Pray. Pray for this sweet family. Lift them up when they cross your mind. Pray for Nella to find comfort when she is uncomfortable and strength for her family for those times when they feel there is no strength left. Pray. Pray. Pray.
- Show some love. Spread the love. Shower Nella’s page with love and support! You can find Nella’s FB page HERE.
- You can also order wristbands in support of the family and of Nella and all proceeds go directly towards the Grutter’s. You can order those HERE.
- Send Nella a card! You can send Nella a card at the address below:
To find out more about how you can help the Grutter's during this time please check out my Instagram page HERE for a fun auction we are putting on for Nella!
share this on »